Why join the MMAC?
Your membership in the MMAC gives your business the opportunity
to grow and connect with member companies, political officials
and the broader business community.
Start benefitting from all that the MMAC has to offer you
and your business, join today!
The Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce (MMAC) is a membership-based organization with about 1,800 member businesses with roughly 300,000 employees. Membership dues are paid yearly.
If you are not a member, it is easy to join today or if you have questions and would like to discuss which membership level is best for your business, contact our Membership Department at 414.287.4159.
Your company may already be a member. Search the MMAC Member Businesses Directory to find out.
MMAC’s programs focus on three core competencies. We accelerate economic development, advocate for public policy that strengthens the business community and deliver the best business network in the region. >>Learn how you can get involved!
Cultivate contacts, develop opportunities
MMAC is the region’s best business network, bringing members together to develop business, share best practices and build relationships.
- Executive Networks: The Executive Roundtable program helps you resolve your toughest business challenges in a confidential peer setting. Nearly 500 CEOs, CFOs, Senior Executives and Sales Management Executives currently participate. Each Roundtable is a completely confidential group of 8-12 executives from non-competing organizations who meet monthly. Participation in one executive roundtable is included in your MMAC dues.
- Network for Business Development: By participating in a Networking Forum, sales and marketing professionals from diverse industries are expanding their contacts and uncovering new growth opportunities.
- International Network: Through MMAC’s World Trade Association, you can join more than 300 companies and individuals on the leading edge of globalization. Learn how your company can enter or expand in the international market at educational forums that cover an extensive range of practical topics.
- More than 200 events each year: Meet other members and local leaders at business, social and political events. >>View events calendar
Advocate for pro-business policies
Every business needs someone to advance its interests in the halls of government. MMAC advocates for policy changes that will help your company thrive, now and in the future. MMAC’s advocacy provides:
- A unified voice for business: Support our advocacy on education, infrastructure, taxes and economic development issues
- Networking with elected officials: Opportunities to connect with local, state and federal legislators and staff
- Legislative Scorecard: A scorecard to track if your legislators are supporting policies that strengthen the business environment
- Recent advocacy wins:
- Successfully appealed Milwaukee’s Mandated Sick Leave Ordinance
- Enacted the manufacturing tax credit, wiping out taxes for manufacturers by 2017
- Simplified the state tax code
Help grow our economy
Working together, the seven counties of Southeastern Wisconsin are an economic powerhouse. Regional economic development creates jobs and grows our community’s bottom line so everyone benefits.
- Milwaukee 7 benefits all MMAC members by:
- Uniting around a regional agenda to grow, expand and attract world-class businesses.
- Working together to develop regional solutions to issues like workforce development, transportation, and entrepreneurship.
- FUEL Milwaukee - Finding and keeping the best employees gives you a key business advantage. FUEL has engaged more than 6,000 professionals and nearly 60 corporations and works to improve the perception of the Milwaukee region and connect young people to their community.
- FaB Milwaukee - The Milwaukee Region’s food and beverage industry is well-poised for growth and innovation. We home to more than 250 food and beverage manufacturers employing employ nearly 15,000 workers with $580M in annual payroll. FaB Milwaukee is dedicated to advancing this cluster.
- The Manufacturing Careers Partnership: MCP is a coalition of manufacturers that are working with educators and workforce development entities to ensure a pipeline of manufacturing talent to meet industry needs.
- The Business Council: TBC creates and maximizes access to economic opportunities and resources for ethnically-diverse businesses. Its Supplier Diversity Module matches minority businesses with corporate and public-sector firms to develop new business spending.
- Budget friendly advertising: Be visible to the MMAC's 1,800 member companies on its website, in its e-newsletters or in its quarterly magazine, Milwaukee Commerce.
- Affordable sponsorships and event hosting: Be seen at events attended by potentional customers and business leaders or host an event at your business.
- Your company's name: Be featured in Member News or MMAC social media posts.
Interested in joining? Contact the MMAC Membership Department by email or call 414.287.4100