China: A World of Business Opportunities
Exports to China have grown to $1.2 billion, an increase of more than 40% from only two years earlier.
The MMAC China Business Council provides opportunity and guidance to companies doing, or considering, business in China. Benefits include organized trade missions, educational opportunities, an annual trade conference, access to specialized resources, networking and delegation visits.
China’s $4.9 trillion economy is the second largest and fastest growing in the world. Many Milwaukee-area companies are making inroads into China and capturing a piece of this growing market, with strong demand in China for medical equipment, building materials, lumber and telecommunications products and components.
Benefits of Joining
As a member of the China Business Council, you will join a group of companies and individuals on the leading edge of globalization. You will have opportunity to expand your network, share best practices and become better informed.
|"The China Business Council is a powerful network for accessing reliable data and relationships in the fastest-growing economy on the planet.
- Your company name and website link will be posted in the online membership directory
- You are eligible to sponsor events
- You will receive a participant list for all appropriate networking events in which you participate
Access to Unique Events
- Discounted registration for special events
- Complimentary admission for two to the annual Wisconsin International Trade Conference
- Priority registration for all trade missions to China
- Information and idea exchange with peers
Monthly electronic newsletter
- Introductory member profile upon joining
- Eligible to submit articles for publication
- Eligible for monthly profile on your company's business success story
- Link to online China Business Council membership listing
- Opportunity/eligibility to serve in leadership positions
All MMAC members in good standing with an interest in Chinese business issues are eligible to participate in the China Business Council. Additional fees may apply.
Chinese Companies Looking to Invest Locally
The Wisconsin Department of Commerce has compiled a list of Chinese companies with a high potential for investing in our area and are actively seeking projects and partnerships. China Council member Addison-Clifton LLC's Shanghai office translated this list into English. >>View list of businesses in water technology, pharmaceuticals, real estate, medical technology and more. For more information, contact KATIE HENRY at 414.287.4123. Milwaukee/China Video and brochures are available.
>> View Milwaukee company clusters (in English and Mandarin) including: water, food products, instruments & controls, and construction & mining. Translation courtesy of Addison-Clifton, LLC Shanghai Representative Office.
>> View an online version of Milwaukee company clusters (in Mandarin only) on the website of the Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Chicago.