Global Initiative Aimed at Increasing Exports
from Milwaukee Region
The goal of the Milwaukee 7 Global Cities Initiative is to aggressively expand exports and foster foreign direct investment.
The first step was to complete a Market Assessment, which analyzed existing and new data, through an online survey and a set of face-to-face interviews with CEOs. Next, we are moving into the strategy development phase -- for which we need input -- and then we will move into implementation. The overall goals are to significantly increase the amount of goods and services we export; increase the number of small and mid-sized enterprises (SMEs) who export; and increase the understanding of global engagement as key to our economic prosperity
Members of MMAC's World Trade Association are being asked to take a leadership role in this process by leading or joining one of the three working groups, which will explore the following questions.
Get On Board
- How do we trigger the decision to get SME CEOs to export (or to export more, including large companies who already export)?
- How do we engage the Economic Development Officers to provide them with value as they support companies within their geography to export?
- How might we brand and promote the region to drive exports? How can we engage high schools, technical colleges, and universities and foreign students to participate in the global engagement initiative?
- How do we make the region more globally fluent?
- How do we design a customer-friendly process road map that allows the C-suite and the Operational levels access an easy on-ramp to advance their exports?
- How can we leverage our cluster and our leading industry groups to drive exports?
Each group will also address:
- What is/are the real underlying problems/obstacles?
- What are the possible solutions?
- What is the selected solutions?
- The S.M.A.R.T. goals and who is responsible for each one?
For more information, please contact Bill Burnett at firstname.lastname@example.org