Is entrepreneurship for you?
Starting your own business is a challenging proposition. More than 1.25 million businesses are started in the U.S. each year, and almost 80 percent fail within five years. In order to assist you in becoming an entrepreneur, the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce, Milwaukee Department of City Development, Foley & Lardner and U.S. Bank Milwaukee have collaborated on this New Business Guide.
Of course, those people who start businesses are among the greatest contributors to our society. Entrepreneurs improve the quality of life by satisfying consumer needs and creating jobs. In fact, more than 65 percent of all new jobs in the U.S. are created by small business. Small business owners also provide community leadership, tackling some of the toughest issues facing society. Starting your own business can be very rewarding. While you prosper financially and professionally, all of society benefits from your efforts.
BizStarts Milwaukee was formed to create a vibrant, innovative and prosperous entrepreneurial business climate in the Milwaukee 7 region by inspiring, nurturing, connecting and celebrating entrepreneurs and their companies. BizStarts Milwaukee developed the first seamless, region-wide approach to assisting entrepreneurs in southeast Wisconsin. The BizStarts Milwaukee website serves as a one-stop resource for entrepreneurs to access information, service providers and events.
BizStarts’s goals include:
- Connect all entrepreneurs with the right resources
- Significantly grow the number of fast-growing companies (gazelles)
- Promote and create a strong entrepreneurial business climate
- Create an infrastructure (Venture Track) specifically designed to nurture and grow innovative, fast-growing companies
- Play an instrumental role in promoting entrepreneurship in our educational institutions
For more on BizStarts’ initiatives and resources, visit bizstartsmilwaukee.com