Manufacturing Careerx - Pilot Program
A series of events and programming that:
Phased program structure – Year 1 cohort
Phase 1 (Spring 2019) – Prep/launch
Phase 2 (Aug 2019) – Kick off event
Phase 3 (Oct 2019) – Educators’ field experience day and reflection
Phase 4 (Jan 2020) – Student field experiences
What is the role for a participating company?
Companies will host and participate in a series of events/programs that reach educators, students, and their parents, foster ongoing partnerships with schools, and match students in partner schools to applied work experiences including internships, youth apprenticeships, summer employment or direct-entry to workforce after high school.
Impact: How many educators, students, and parents will we reach through this program?
With pilot of 10 companies in the first year, we estimate reaching:
● 24 educators
● 432 students
● 648 parents/guardians
If more than 10 companies pledge to participate in the Year 1 cohort, our impact will be even greater.
How will we measure success?
Next steps: 2020-21 and beyond
Phase 5 (Feb 2020)– Prep session for Applied Work Experiences
Phase 6 (Mar/April 2020) – AWE Draft Day to celebrate matching students with opportunities
- Explore potential partnership with Milwaukee Bucks at Fiserv Forum
- Matching day format, with students and companies prepared to interview for specific opportunities
- Keynote speaker or panel
- Gamification: Establish structure for students to earn points during the event, resulting in a “No. 1 Draft Pick” being announced.
- Post-event, companies encouraged to promote their “draft picks” (students they select for applied work experiences) through company newsletters, social media.
- If a student is hired for a direct entry role or summer employment, companies/schools will consider promoting at the Draft Day event or at a separate “signing day” event.
Phase 7 (June-Aug 2020) – Summer of applied work experiences at all participating companies